Thursday, July 27, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 17

This is my blog for day 17 of cancer treatment, Wednesday, 26 Jul 2017.

Slept well last night, after falling asleep in a chair. My radiation appointment is at 2:15 PM, today.

Boy, as soon as Sally knows you're awake she wants to get up and get fed. One thing about these Pugs, they love their food!

Used the Gelclair again last night. It really does seem to soothe my mouth. And the prescription was approved, I found out. Now all me need to do is to arrange payment and delivery, as it has to come from a specialty pharmacy.

To be honest, I'm beginning to feel pretty sore from the radiation. The inside of my lip was absolutely on fire last night when I brushed my teeth. Am going to change toothpaste, from mint to something else, as I believe the mint flavor in the Dental Care I use is the culprit. But we don't have any "regular" toothpaste at home, so will have to wait and see.

I used (or tried to) a little "Sweet Baby Ray's" barbecue sauce this past Sunday. SBR's is not a "hot" barbecue sauce, in any way shape or form, but I could not eat it, for the same reason. Yet I had a tamale from Portillo's yesterday, and I could eat that without issue. So I'd suggest that it's a selective issue, at least at this time.

Nancy bought me some Crest today, with just a hint of mint, as far as I can tell, and it has done far better with regard to further irritating the inflamed tissues in my mouth. Thank you, Nancy!

Today's YouTube song goes back a long, long time, to a singer named Al Jolson, known as "The World's Greatest Entertainer" back in his day. As I remember the story, he would perform in a Broadway show, then go to a neighboring establishment and continue singing for another two hours, to all who were there, because he loved to sing!

This one is a sentimental song called Back In Your Own Backyard (here). Jolson's version was first recorded in March of 1928. Today's choice was inspired by the following cartoon, with its quotation from L. Frank Baum, the author of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, originally published in 1900.





For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
And I Love Her - Link
Back In You Own Back Yard, Al Jolson - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Cross Road Blues, Robert Johnson Link
Crossroads, Eric Clapton and Cream Link
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
I Love Being Here With You, Diana Krall - Link
Limbo Jazz, Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
On The Street Where You Live, Dean Martin - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Standing at the Crossroads, Elmore James - Link
Starts and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link
Zappa Medly, George Duke - Link

No comments: