Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 15

This is my blog for day 15 of cancer treatment, Monday, 24 Jul 2017.

Slept well last night. It's off to the hospital this morning for Nancy's treatment, though, and my radiation appointment at 2:15 PM.

The day at the hospital was unremarkable, except for the visit with Dr. Mohideen after my "zap". I have some loose electrons bouncing off my fillings and into my cheek. The solution - puff out your cheeks during treatment! Going to give that a try tomorrow and see if that helps at all. Have already practiced breathing through my nose while holding my breath, with cheeks puffed. I can do it while walking, so why not while I'm laying on back? No reason, I wouldn't think.

Nancy's blood pressure was low during much of her treatment today, so we had to wake her frequently to have something to drink. Once we got home, she went to the couch, then to sleep, and didn't wake until 11:00 PM. She got up, went to the bathroom, laid back down on the couch and didn't come to be until 2:00 AM. I had fallen asleep in a chair, but woke up to watch Perry Mason. I finished the show and got to bed by midnight. Exciting days, eh?

Starting using a medication called Gelclair to help the mucous membranes inside my mouth, which are beginning to get sore in a couple of places. Seemed to help soothe them, so that's good!

Otherwise, nothing much else to report. Hope all of you are doing well!

And from YouTube, today: Limbo Jazz, featuring Coleman Hawkins and the Duke (Ellington). Here.  Enjoy!


For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
And I Love Her - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Cross Road Blues, Robert Johnson Link
Crossroads, Eric Clapton and Cream Link
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
Limbo Jazz, Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
On The Street Where You Live, Dean Martin - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Standing at the Crossroads, Elmore James - Link
Starts and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link
Zappa Medly, George Duke - Link

No comments: