Friday, July 14, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 4

This is my blog for day four of cancer treatment, with another radiation treatment in the afternoon.

I'd like to start out by thanking all of you who have written or called, and are ready to provide me whatever support I need. I really appreciate it!

In general terms, I feel pretty good today, but Sally had to wake me up at 5:45 AM, first for a tummy rub and then to let her out and feed her. And then she went back to sleep, of course, while I logged in to work and got started on my day.

A few of days ago I posted the lyric to According to Plan by Carolyn Arends. I just saw a Facebook post in which she has asked for prayers for her mom, who suffered a heart attack and has severe complications. Please add her to your prayer list; her name is Joy Jonat.

I had some success today, working on a program to archive data, but it took a long time for the jobs to finish, so it felt like I didn't do too much.

After radiation, I spoke with the nurse and dietitian at the hospital, about a number of things. Tomorrow I have a follow-up with the surgeon who put in my port and feeding tube.

Had kind of a general tiredness all afternoon. Guess that might be the effect of the chemotherapy. They said it would take 2-3 days for things to catch up with me.

Thought I'd leave you today with a clip from High Society, featuring Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong and The All Stars - That's Jazz. Watch it here.



No comments: