Monday, December 11, 2006

So Here We Are . . .

Does the first blog entry have to be something notable? This one ain't gonna be.

It's the beginning of December here in northern Illinois and we've already had one substantial snow storm. But it was in the 60-degree range as late as Thanksgiving, and we're having a string of forty-degree days right now. Somehow, I don't seem to be able to remember what it's like from year-to-year, specifically. So maybe I can look back at this next December. Off-line storage for my mind . . . .

I've titled this page, "I'm Just a Guy". But "guy" doesn't have anything to do with being male. A "guy" can be either male or female, rich or poor, young or old. A "guy" can be technically savvy, or not; musically or dramatically talented, or not; gainfully employed, or not. A "guy" is just a person trying to get along in life, doing what they think they need to do to "live, thrive and survive".

The comments you'll read in this blog are going to come from that perspective: I'm just a guy who's making his way in life.

So keep watch, dear reader (though there probably aren't any as yet); the best is yet to come. (Note to self . . . better write something good!)

1 comment:

Justine said...

A belated welcome to the blogworld, Mark!

I just got comments to work -- hurrah!

And Happy New Year, too!