Monday, September 17, 2012

Surgery :: Post 06


I have been unavailable to provide any updates as the Manor Care router went down last week and has just today been put right. I arrived at Manor Care on Friday afternoon, around 3:30 PM, and have been through several rounds of PT and OT (physical/occupational therapy). I'm following all of the instructions provided by both the PT and OT personnel. I am feeling remarkably well, I think, and continue to have little pain. I'm not taking any pain medication at all, and have only one spot on my left leg that needs special attention. It feels like I have a charley horse, but is most likely the result of some part of the surgery.

I don't know how long I'll be at Manor Care, but want to take advantage of all they have to offer here. I've heard anywhere from one to three weeks, but am uncertain of any specific end date. My surgical dressings are scheduled to be removed on Thursday. The nurses and doctor continue to say they're healing well. After Thursday, the surgical wounds will be left open to the air for additional healing.

I see the surgeon on Thursday, 27 Sep 2012, when my stitches will be removed. I have two additional follow-up visits thereafter, approximately one month apart.

Thanks for your prayers, care and concern! I think that's the reason I'm doing so well! (I give the Power of Prayer a lot of weight!)

And I've got my PC connection to the world again!

Mark


2 comments:

Sue and Paul said...

You're doing awesome Mark! Keep up the good work and we'll keep up with the praying!

Carol said...

So glad you are doing so well. A definite answer to my prayers and no pain was one of the requests of my prayers. PRAISE GOD!!! Looking forward to seeing you up and running down the hall soon!! God Bless you Mark!