Saturday, August 19, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 40

This is my blog for day 40 of cancer treatment, Friday, 18 Aug 2017.

Today I have radiation at 2:15 PM. Took my temp this morning: 96.8. So far, so good.

I met with some folks by phone this morning, from Hollister, then spent at least another 90 minutes trying to debug an issue with a document that is being routed using our Lotus Notes platform. The version of Notes we use was released in 2005. The browsers we use are all new, with CSS, JavaScript and HTML components that are all new and modern. Do you see the potential for problems? 12-year old software running on modern browsers? Yet, the issue may still be within Notes itself. I have to re-visit things this afternoon after my radiation treatment. I'm hopeful that I'll find a solution.

My friend Ron came by today to take me to my treatment, as Nancy has a hair appointment she wants to get to. She had cancelled a previous one. So Ron stepped up, Nancy got her hair done, I got my treatments, and Nancy also got a chance to see the kids she used to babysit.

Still have some nausea, so am taking an anti-nausea medication on a regular basis. Was going to do so next week, anyway. So I'm starting early, and will see if it helps.

Today's YouTube music is from Frank Zappa, off a 1974 live album called Roxy and Elsewhere. It's a two-song medley: Village of the Sun and Echidna's Arf (Of You) - Link. These are absolutely two of his finest songs, in my opinion, and shows how well-practiced and tight his group was.


For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
And I Love Her - Link
Apollo 11 launch - Link
Back In You Own Back Yard, Al Jolson - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Blessings, Laura Story - Link
Brandy, Looking Glass - Link
Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd - Link
Cross Road Blues, Robert Johnson Link
Crossroads, Eric Clapton and Cream Link
Cry Me A River, Joe Cocker - Link
Cry Me A River, Diana Krall - Link
Dancing in the Moonlight, King Harvest - Link
Gentle On My Mind, Glen Campbell - Link
Glen Campbell-hosted country music special - Link.
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
I'm Alright, Kenny Loggins - Link
I Love Being Here With You, Diana Krall - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman, from the movie Here Comes the Groom  - Link
In Good Hands, Carolyn Arends - Link.
Invercargill, United States Air Force Concert Band - Link
Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 1, An International Collaboration - Link
Limbo Jazz, Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington - Link
Living in the Past, Jethro Tull - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
Montana/We Are Not Alone, Univ. of Montana Percussion Ensemble - Link
My Baby Loves Lovin', White Plains - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
On The Street Where You Live, Dean Martin - Link
Powdermilk Biscuit Break, Garrison Keillor, et al - Link
Questions 67 and 68, Chicago - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
She Used To Be Mine, Sara Bareilles - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
Sisters, Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt - Link
Sisters, from White Christmas - Link
Sixteen Tons, Tennessee Ernie Ford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Standing at the Crossroads, Elmore James - Link
Stars and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time, Pink Floyd - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, Buck Owens - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, the Don Kelley Band - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - Link
US National Anthem, US Marine Band - Link
Village of the Sun and Echidna's Arf (Of You), Frank Zappa - Link
War, Edwin Starr - Link
Your Love Is My Saving GraceKristin Chenoweth Link
Zappa Medly, George Duke - Link

No comments: