Thursday, August 17, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 39

This is my blog for day 39 of cancer treatment, Thursday, 17 Aug 2017.

Today I have radiation at 2:15 PM, and a visit with the nurse and dietitian directly after.

I had a minor fever last night, about 99.3 degrees, but I'm only 97.3 today. At dinner time I'm 98.3. I'm to go to the hospital if it reaches 100 for two hours in a row.

Finished a book recently: The Simpsons and Their Mathematical Secrets, by Simon Singh. It really is a good book, with a lot of insight into the group of people who write the show. Most of them with advanced degrees in various scientific disciplines. I'm not a major fan of the show, though I do find it funny when I get a chance to watch it, and this book has now opened my eyes into some of the things hidden in the various episodes. Not every one, from a math point-of-view, but many. I can recommend this, especially to a fan of the show.

Bought a comic book for the first time in many, many years. It's volume one of The Fantastic Four, Epic Collection. It collects volumes 1-18 of the comic. I've read the first episode, and it brought back a lot of memories for me. I had a fair collection of comics back in the day. But I had an opportunity to sell them, and sell them I did. It's fun to read them again. Full color, too.

Today's YouTube music is Invercargill, composed by Alexander Lithgow, and performed by the United States Air Force Concert Band - Link. I believe Kerry played this with the University of Illinois, when she was in band for one semester or another.

For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
And I Love Her - Link
Apollo 11 launch - Link
Back In You Own Back Yard, Al Jolson - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Blessings, Laura Story - Link
Brandy, Looking Glass - Link
Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd - Link
Cross Road Blues, Robert Johnson Link
Crossroads, Eric Clapton and Cream Link
Cry Me A River, Joe Cocker - Link
Cry Me A River, Diana Krall - Link
Dancing in the Moonlight, King Harvest - Link
Gentle On My Mind, Glen Campbell - Link
Glen Campbell-hosted country music special - Link.
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
I'm Alright, Kenny Loggins - Link
I Love Being Here With You, Diana Krall - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman, from the movie Here Comes the Groom  - Link
In Good Hands, Carolyn Arends - Link.
Invercargill, United States Air Force Concert Band - Link
Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 1, An International Collaboration - Link
Limbo Jazz, Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington - Link
Living in the Past, Jethro Tull - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
Montana/We Are Not Alone, Univ. of Montana Percussion Ensemble - Link
My Baby Loves Lovin', White Plains - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
On The Street Where You Live, Dean Martin - Link
Powdermilk Biscuit Break, Garrison Keillor, et al - Link
Questions 67 and 68, Chicago - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
She Used To Be Mine, Sara Bareilles - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
Sisters, Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt - Link
Sisters, from White Christmas - Link
Sixteen Tons, Tennessee Ernie Ford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Standing at the Crossroads, Elmore James - Link
Stars and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time, Pink Floyd - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, Buck Owens - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, the Don Kelley Band - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - Link
US National Anthem, US Marine Band - Link
War, Edwin Starr - Link
Your Love Is My Saving GraceKristin Chenoweth Link
Zappa Medly, George Duke - Link

No comments: