Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 37

This is my blog for day 37 of cancer treatment, Tuesday, 15 Aug 2017.

Today I have radiation at 2:15 PM, and I meet with the oncologist's PA at 3:30 PM. I'm now back from both, and had a blood test which revealed that I was doing OK, with the exception of my white blood cell count which is 2.0, in a range with a lowest "normal" number of 4.0. my next chemo is Tuesday of next week. The PA agreed that I should have fluids each day after chemo, Wednesday through Saturday. And so I will . . .

I want to spend a few minutes arguing with Rachel Maddow, in an article here: Racism: A Persistent Infection In White American Culture. I said what I thought of Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists and the KKK yesterday. Tonight, I want to take issue with "White American Culture". It doesn't exist.

Are all white folks - let's simply say white people of European heritage - are we all the same? Hardly. Do Germans think the same way as Norwegians? Do the English think the same way as Portugese? Do the Russians think the same way as the Dutch? Hardly. White people are not all the same.

Are we in the suburbs of Chicago the same as folks in Texas, or in varying parts of Texas, or in St. Louis, or in Denver, or in New York? This is bullshit from the left. There is no one "White American Culture". If there was, people in Wisconsin wouldn't call us "FIBS" - "Fat Illinois Bastards". We'd be brothers. And, as a Czech, I would be readily accepted into, say, an Italian community. Or a Norwegian one. Or a Spanish one. Which isn't going to happen easily. I wsn't even accepted by the people who work in our Kirksville, MO, plant, until they got a chance to know me. I wa kept at arms-length while that happened. And these people all looked like me.

This particular idiocy from the left needs to stop. It's as racist as they say all white people are, just in reverse.

As racist as my father was - he didn't have a lot of use for blacks - it was a different story if a black person happened to be famous. Then it was, "Hey! That's Rochester!" (Jack Benny's valet, on radio and television, but not in real life.) But dad never taught us to be violent to others who were not like us. My wife and I did not teach our children to be violent, or to be Neo-Nazis, KKK or White Supremacists. My sons get along with anyone. My daughters get along with anyone. My sons-in-law get along with anyone. I believe they were raised to be good people. Not part of some "White American Culture" block.

We need to start looking at this from a Christian perspective - all of us are the same, children of the same heavenly Father, even if the other person isn't Christian. I can accept anyone into my family group, as long as we treat each other with respect - even Rachel Maddow, though she obviously feels I am beneath contempt, just because I'm white.

One other thing. Maddow seems to want to make sure that anyone in the latest rally, who can be identified using social media, loses their jobs, or are kicked out of their college. Doesn't she realize that when you drive people into a corner they are going to become far more violent when they have nothing, and therefore, nothing to lose?

Where is the center when we need it? I believe that 80% of America is there, but we appear to be leaderless. Someone needs to step up and lead us back to normalcy!

Tonight's YouTube video is a Glen Campbell-hosted country music special from some time in the late 60's or 70's - Link.

For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
And I Love Her - Link
Apollo 11 launch - Link
Back In You Own Back Yard, Al Jolson - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Blessings, Laura Story - Link
Brandy, Looking Glass - Link
Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd - Link
Cross Road Blues, Robert Johnson Link
Crossroads, Eric Clapton and Cream Link
Cry Me A River, Joe Cocker - Link
Cry Me A River, Diana Krall - Link
Dancing in the Moonlight, King Harvest - Link
Gentle On My Mind, Glen Campbell - Link
Glen Campbell-hosted country music special - Link.
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
I'm Alright, Kenny Loggins - Link
I Love Being Here With You, Diana Krall - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman, from the movie Here Comes the Groom  - Link
In Good Hands, Carolyn Arends - Link.
Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 1, An International Collaboration - Link
Limbo Jazz, Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington - Link
Living in the Past, Jethro Tull - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
Montana/We Are Not Alone, Univ. of Montana Percussion Ensemble - Link
My Baby Loves Lovin', White Plains - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
On The Street Where You Live, Dean Martin - Link
Powdermilk Biscuit Break, Garrison Keillor, et al - Link
Questions 67 and 68, Chicago - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
She Used To Be Mine, Sara Bareilles - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
Sisters, Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt - Link
Sisters, from White Christmas - Link
Sixteen Tons, Tennessee Ernie Ford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Standing at the Crossroads, Elmore James - Link
Starts and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time, Pink Floyd - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, Buck Owens - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, the Don Kelley Band - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - Link
War, Edwin Starr - Link
Your Love Is My Saving GraceKristin Chenoweth Link
Zappa Medly, George Duke - Link

No comments: