Sunday, August 13, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 35

This is my blog for day 35 of cancer treatment, Sunday, 13 Aug 2017.

Free day again today! Andy and I are going to work a little in the basement, and try to finish up the video series, When We Left Earth. There's also the final round of the PGA.

I awoke early, with Sally wanting to be fed, so I got up, went out with her, fed the cat, fed Sally, mixed my clone feed, put Sally back in bed with Nancy (once she was done), and then sat down and did a tube feeding. Good start to the day, I'd say.

Had a nice visit with Lindsay Kelderhouse, her fiance Danny and sister Lisa. They'd gone out to breakfast with Kerry and stopped over right after. Lindsay and Danny had been in town for their wedding shower. They actually live and work in Houston, TX. We talked for a while, discussed my illness and their upcoming wedding, and then they left to head home. I really appreciated them stopping by!

Kerry had stayed overnight because she and Nancy went to Linsday's shower Saturday, and they have another shower, for Abby Landwehr, today. (I'd roll out my old joke, questioning why other women would want to watch the bride-to-be take a shower, but let's not.)

This PGA Championship is proving to be quite entertaining! Some of the guys are cracking under pressure, but some are making incredible golf shots! Justin Thomas has just shown that he has ice-water in his veins, driving to within 12 feet at the 17th, then dropping the put for a three-stroke lead. Looks good, but he's not in the last group, and has 18 yet to play.

Okay, now it looks good. The last competitor with a chance had to eagle the last hole to tie, and didn't. Justin Thomas gets the win.

Somebody is grilling, and the delicious smell of grilled meat is filling my nostrils. I want me some of that!

The biggest thing for me, today, is that I penned a letter to my birth mother, telling her who I am, and asking if she wants to talk to me. In it, I expressed my gratitude for giving me life, and talked a little bit about what it was like for me growing up in Mount Prospect. I told her that it was okay if she didn't want to talk to me, that I would understand, but I did ask if she would at least verify that she is who I believe her to be. I included a picture of our family, as encouragement, perhaps. We'll see what happens . . .

Today's YouTube music comes from my youth: Brandy, by a band called Looking Glass - Link. It popped up on my YouTube feed, for some reason. Since it got me to remembering some other one-hit wonders from the early 70's I'm going to post two more. The first is My Baby Loves Lovin', by White Plains - Link. The second is Dancing in the Moonlight, by King Harvest - Link. That makes it a three-fer day for y'all!

For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
And I Love Her - Link
Apollo 11 launch - Link
Back In You Own Back Yard, Al Jolson - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Blessings, Laura Story - Link
Brandy, Looking Glass - Link
Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd - Link
Cross Road Blues, Robert Johnson Link
Crossroads, Eric Clapton and Cream Link
Cry Me A River, Joe Cocker - Link
Cry Me A River, Diana Krall - Link
Dancing in the Moonlight, King Harvest - Link
Gentle On My Mind, Glen Campbell - Link
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
I'm Alright, Kenny Loggins - Link
I Love Being Here With You, Diana Krall - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman, from the movie Here Comes the Groom  - Link
Karn Evil 9, 1st Impression, Part 1, An International Collaboration - Link
Limbo Jazz, Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington - Link
Living in the Past, Jethro Tull - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
Montana/We Are Not Alone, Univ. of Montana Percussion Ensemble - Link
My Baby Loves Lovin', White Plains - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
On The Street Where You Live, Dean Martin - Link
Powdermilk Biscuit Break, Garrison Keillor, et al - Link
Questions 67 and 68, Chicago - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
She Used To Be Mine, Sara Bareilles - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
Sisters, Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt - Link
Sisters, from White Christmas - Link
Sixteen Tons, Tennessee Ernie Ford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Standing at the Crossroads, Elmore James - Link
Starts and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time, Pink Floyd - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, Buck Owens - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, the Don Kelley Band - Link
Truck Drivin' Man, Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen - Link
War, Edwin Starr - Link
Your Love Is My Saving GraceKristin Chenoweth Link
Zappa Medly, George Duke - Link

No comments: