Friday, August 4, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 25

This is my blog for day 25 of cancer treatment, Thursday, 3 Aug 2017.

A late posting . . . again. Apologies!

Having gone to bed early last night, Sally had to wake me at 5:15 AM this morning, naturally, to take her out and feed her (and the cat). I went back to bed and woke again at seven, then read until eight. Still tired today, from chemo, but not quite as much. Have a radiation treatment today, followed by a meeting with the nurse and dietitian.

Tim came over at 11:00 AM and took me for a haircut. It was really needed!

Weight was maintained at 266, which the nurse and dietitian were happy about. I took a tube feeding this morning, the first time I've done that. A 375-calorie pack preceded by 4 oz of water, and succeeded by the same. I was bloated at the end of it! Not something I'm looking forward to, I'll tell you, but food just doesn't taste right any more (taste buds are affected by radiation). So if I have to supplement, I have to supplement.

Still knocked back by chemo. Napping a bit, and going to bed by 9:00 PM each night.

Today's YouTube music is from Chicago, Questions 67 and 68 (here), another classic!

For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
And I Love Her - Link
Back In You Own Back Yard, Al Jolson - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Blessings, Laura Story - Link
Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd - Link
Cross Road Blues, Robert Johnson Link
Crossroads, Eric Clapton and Cream Link
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
I Love Being Here With You, Diana Krall - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman, from the movie Here Comes the Groom  - Link
Limbo Jazz, Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
Montana/We Are Not Alone, Univ. of Montana Percussion Ensemble - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
On The Street Where You Live, Dean Martin - Link
Powdermilk Biscuit Break, Garrison Keillor, et al - Link
Questions 67 and 68, Chicago - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
She Used To Be Mine, Sara Bareilles - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
Sisters, Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt - Link
Sisters, from White Christmas - Link
Sixteen Tons, Tennessee Ernie Ford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Standing at the Crossroads, Elmore James - Link
Starts and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time, Pink Floyd - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link
Zappa Medly, George Duke - Link

No comments: