Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 22

This is my blog for day 22 of cancer treatment, Monday, 31 Jul 2017.

This blog posting is late . . . apologies!

Another beautiful day today - 82 degrees, but partly cloudy today.

This is the first night I can say I did not sleep well. I woke several times, with pain in the my mouth and throat, and have decided that I can no longer use my CPAP machine, as it dries out the inside of my mouth, leading to the afore-mentioned pain. Plus, I think the Tylenol I take before bed needs to be doubled.

Found out something interesting today: starting in week five, the field of radiation is narrowed, and concentrated more on the tumor sites. I guess this means that the soreness in my throat will start to diminish, as less radiation is directed there. So while I had thought it was still uphill all the way through week seven, it appears that it's not.

Another thing: Dr. Mohideen told me that he could no longer feel the tumor in the lymph node along the right side of my neck. So it seems that things are working as designed, and the treatments are doing what they were supposed to do. Good news!

Today's music includes two songs from Garrison Keillor's show: the Powdermilk Biscuit Break (here) from the 30th anniversary of A Prairie Home Companion (tell me this isn't a fun little ditty!) and She Used To Be Mine by Sara Bareilles (here) from her musical Waitress (tell me this isn't a great song!).




For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
And I Love Her - Link
Back In You Own Back Yard, Al Jolson - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd - Link
Cross Road Blues, Robert Johnson Link
Crossroads, Eric Clapton and Cream Link
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
I Love Being Here With You, Diana Krall - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman - Link
In the Cool, Cool, Cool of the Evening, Bing Crosby and Jane Wyman, from the movie Here Comes the Groom  - Link
Limbo Jazz, Coleman Hawkins and Duke Ellington - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
On The Street Where You Live, Dean Martin - Link
Powdermilk Biscuit Break, Garrison Keillor, et al - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
She Used To Be Mine, Sara Bareilles - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
Sisters, Bette Midler and Linda Ronstadt - Link
Sisters, from White Christmas - Link
Sixteen Tons, Tennessee Ernie Ford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Standing at the Crossroads, Elmore James - Link
Starts and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time, Pink Floyd - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link
Zappa Medly, George Duke - Link

No comments: