Saturday, July 15, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 5

This is my blog for day 5 of cancer treatment, Friday, 14 Jul 2017.

Was up a lot last night, going to the bathroom, shedding the extra IV fluid and water I drank on Tuesday. I was 10 pounds heavier after that! Have yet to weigh myself this morning, but I'm sure I'll be lighter, at least by a little.

Still a little tired, too. Kind of a general malaise over my entire body. My throat isn't in bad shape, though. The radiation treatments will take their toll in the coming few weeks. That's why I have the feeding tube - to get nourishment when I can no longer put anything down my throat.

I had a follow-up with the surgeon at noon today and another radiation treatment at 2:15 PM. Thus, the first week of treatment is over. six weeks to go!

Last night I finished the book Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. Tim gave me two of the O'Reilly books for entertainment during my treatment and recovery. It was an interesting read, I'll tell you that. But the complete and utter cruelty shown by the people of that time is insane! The number of people killed at various times, and the method of their execution and death is totally ridiculous. It makes what ISIS does look tame in comparison. But it makes me feel glad that we have moved on from such into what I would consider to be far more gentle times. I'll take jail over a scourging any day (not that I'm going to jail any time soon).

Went to bed early, so don't really have much else to say. But here's today's YouTube video (here): it;s the Shim Sham Shimmy, danced to Jimmie Lunceford's Tain't What You Do (It's The Way That You Do It). Enjoy!



No comments: