Thursday, July 20, 2017

A Rude Intrusion :: Day 10

This is my blog for day 10 of cancer treatment, Wednesday, 19 Jul 2017.

First things first: it's my birthday! Sixty-one years old as of today. I received all kinds of Happy Birthday greetings, mostly by Facebook, but also by mail, phone and text message. Nancy's mom even stopped over at the house.

Today's medical included a regular old doctor visit, with blood work for cholesterol and sugar, as well as the radiation treatment. Have to say, my throat is beginning to get sore. I understand that it will get so bad that I won't want to take anything by mouth (something I'm not going to like, I'm sure). But I'm now approaching the end of the second week of treatment, 2/7 done (quick math: just under 30% complete), and I still feel pretty good.

Didn't do anything really special for my birthday, coming, as it did, during the middle of the week. But we stopped at Culver's for a short shake (vanilla for me, chocolate for Nancy), and had one of my favorite dinners: egg sandwiches! Egg, Krakus ham, cheddar jack cheese, grilled on the stove top. Not what some might call a "nice" birthday dinner, but as tasty as anything you'll ever eat. Of course, Nancy made brownies, too.

Today's YouTube link is to a really, really, cool version of Sweet Georgia Brown (here), featuring Wynton Marsalis, Mark O'Connor and more! Dare ya to keep from dancing!

For convenience sake, here a running list of all of the links I've posted to YouTube in the past few days:

According to Plan, Carolyn Arends - Link
Because We've Ended As Lovers, Larry Carlton & Steve Lukather - Link
Groucho Movie Clips - Link
Lookin' At The World Through A Windshield, Bill Kirchen - Link
My Funny Valentine, Kristin Chenoweth - Link
My Funny Valentine, Miles Davis - Link
Route 66, Asleep at The Wheel - Link
Shim, Sham, Shimmy (dance) to Tain't What You Do, Jimmy Lunceford - Link
St Louis Blues, Stephanie Trick & Paolo Alderighi - Link
Starts and Stripes Forever, United States Marine Band - Link
Sweet Georgia Brown, Wynton Marsalis/Mark O'Connor - Link
That's Jazz, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong & The All Stars - Link
Time to Blow, From That Thing You Do - Link

No comments: