Thursday, September 27, 2012

Surgery :: Post 09


Yes! It's true - I am going home tomorrow! While my time here at the rehab center has been well-spent, getting in shape for returning to work, I am sooooo ready to go home.

I went to the doctor today, with all indications that I am recovering very well. The circulation in my legs is good, so no more TED hose (those white stockings that help protect against blood clots). They also took an x-ray of my pelvis and I got to see the prostheses in place. Quite interesting . . . in a creepy sort of way.

I still have to respect the "hip precautions" that are in place for the newly operated-upon (no crossing the legs at the ankles while laying down, no pigeon-toed stance, no bending at the waist so that the angle between trunk and legs is less that 90 degrees) for the next three weeks, at least.

I can try to drive, but whether I can depends on whether sitting in the car breaks the precautions. I'll see about that this weekend, or early next week. And until I can drive to work, I'm still on short-term disability. No working from home.

The other good thing - I will play with Sing-A-New-Song the second Sunday in October.

In any case, tomorrow, at 11:00 AM, Nancy will arrive and I will depart! Yippee!


1 comment:

Vermonster said...

This is such great news! What a good patient you were :). I'm sure ther is still much healing that needs to occur but ou are on your way. Congrats, Mark!