Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Surgery :: Post 08


Hey there, sports fans! Yes, my jaunty mood may indicate to you that things are going well, and, well, you'd be right! I have graduated from a walker to a four-prong cane to a regular cane during the past few days. I went outside to walk today during PT, both on asphalt, on concrete, on grass, through gravel, over brick and over wood. (The rehab center has it set up specially for folks like me.) I still have little to no pain - just muscle soreness - and am ready to move to the next step: going home.

I have a discharge-planning meeting tomorrow and a doctor's visit on Thursday. Provided nothing major happens I believe my last day here will be Friday. I've been getting great care, but I can shower on my own, take care of all my personal grooming needs, dress myself, handle all toilet needs and get around my room and this facility without a problem. Heck, I even made my bed today (before the CNA did)!

Oh, and I learned something you can use in case you're hospitalized. Know those TV controls in each room, that self-contained changer and speaker in one? The one that only allows you to move one channel forward or one channel back at a time? The ones that are prone to having a bad volume control? If you can't get it to stay at the volume you want, because the speaker cuts out, just give that puppy a sharp tap and it'll work! I've had to do this numerous times during my stay at the rehab center. Just a helpful tip . . .

Thanks to everyone who has visited, sent a card, called, e-Mailed or has had me in their prayers! I hope to see you/talk to you at home next time!


No comments: